Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Driving

Ok... This is quite a '无聊' topic... (i don't know what's the english translation for '无聊'... Maybe it's 'nothing to do'?)
Well, i officially got my driving license in Feburary, just two days before my Birthday and Chinese New Year. In a way, it's kinda like a birthday gift and a 'red packet' for me. But the only thing i can say is that i'm really lucky to be able to get it after letting it drag on for so long.
2 years!
Can you imagine i let it dangle for so long? But luckily i managed to get it in my first attempt and at a minimal cost. ($900+ at Comfort Driving Centre.. Can you beat that?)
Hmm.. Anyway, after 4 months of driving, i realised how terrible my driving is. Haha, those who've sat in my car would know how i drive. Sorry!!!
I've tried cornering at 80+Km/hr... (Quite exhilarating)
I've tried drifting the car... (Unsuccessful, my car is too stable)
My minimal on road speed is 75 km/hr.. (Too dangerous, i think)
I cut into a space just barely enough for my car on the expressway (Too scary, shan't do that again)
There's alot of other crazy antics that i did while driving but i shan't list least i get into trouble.
Of course i believe there are drivers that do much crazier stuff while on the road and let's hope they would realise their mistakes before something happen. (Don't worry, nothing happened while i was driving. I'm trained in handling traffic situations)
Things i hate when i'm on the road:
1) People cutting in without signalling.
2) People trying to cut in at the last minute because the road's congested.
3) People trying to cut in just because they drive a big car.
4) People tailgating me.
5) People who weave in and out of lanes like a snake.
6) People who don't signal. (2nd time it appears, i really hate it!)
There... See the list? All of it belongs to a category called 'On-road Courtesy' and i absolutely believe that any people who does any of the above mentioned do not possess it at all. Let me let you in on something: I do not give way when any one does any of that to me. If it's gonna become an accident, so be it. I can afford to let the car be damaged. But can you? And let me tell you, if you're the one causing me to have the accident, i'll make your car a total lost. Let's see if you can afford to buy a new car.
So let's all cooperate and show some basic courtesy shall we? Make the roads a safer place for all to drive in.
And so to start off, i shall pledge that i'll be a safe and conscientious driver. What better way than to start from myself eh? (I always signal! It's just that i drive too fast, you can say i'm a speed demon)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 years isn't long... I've procrastinated for 3.5 years already and I still haven't taken my final theory... Sighhhh....

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe one day u should drive up to KL and drive ard there... Most of the drivers there are like those u describe and maybe worse. Hiya but u gg australia rite,try cornering at 140km/h there lor... There's plenty of room to crash down under just in case... haha

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home