Sunday, June 12, 2005

I'm a terrorist! And something more...

In case you're wondering...
Here's a rundown of what happened today.
I went for a soccer match at Boon Keng. It's a place called St Wilfred's. The pitch there is very good. Not like those bald fields you'll normally see people playing in...
Anyway the team i was playing for lost, haha... Don't ask the score, it's kinda embarrassing...
Well, after the match, we proceeded to have our lunch before going home. Stepping into the MRT station, i was approached by the MRT security personnel who asked in a very polite manner, "Sir, mind if we were to check your bag?"
I was dead tired, so i just said "Sure", then i was unzipped my bag to show them my soccer shoes and my smelly clothes. They just took a look and said "Thank you." So i just zipped up my bag and proceed to make my way home.
Now that i'm home, i'm thinking... What the heck just happened? What was the checking of the bag all about? Was it because the bag i was carrying looked too suspicious (it' a Ripcurl travel bag by the way), or was it because i looked like a terrorist? And the way they check my bag was ineffective it seems. If they're conducting a bag check, it would seem they're not doing such a thorough job at all. I opened my bag to show them what was the content inside as requested, but in actual fact they saw nothing at all. Everything was wrapped up in 2 big red plastic bags, the only visible stuff were my 'toilette de homme' and my water bottle. My my.. we have people who have X-ray eyes living in this world after all. If not, they're just doing the check for show, nothing more to it.
I've nothing against the security personnel for checking my nag, it's for security of the mass. That i appreciate. But how would you feel if you discover that the job was not thorough at all and something were to happen because of that?
Ps: Do i look like a terrorist or a highly suspicious character? I'm befuddled by that.

1 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

No u're not a terrorist... you're an ah beng who wants to keep highlighted and long hair... that's why he stopped u... hahahaha

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home