Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mid Autumn Festival

Hiya people...

Studying overseas can be so happening. You get to celebrate alot of things...




Alone...




For instance, Mid Autumn Festival aka Mooncake festival to me...

Actually, i don't celebrate it at all. But it's during this period that you get to taste different types of mooncakes; be it normal or exotic ones. My personal favourite is snow-skin mooncakes. Really really liked them alot.

Well... Now the situation has changed. I'm overseas studying.

Where have all the mooncakes gone???

Sigh...

Luckily all is not lost... There are mooncakes being sold here!!!

Wahaha!!!

But too bad they don't sell snow-skins. (I've yet to see one...)

Ok then, lets see this mooncake i bought looks like...

Cool packaging eh? Like Singapore's.



See the price??? It's A$6.50 for one mooncake. Try converting that to S$ dollars. I think it's roughly S$8 plus dollars. Sigh.. The price to pay for a little taste of mooncake.



I think the packaging for mooncakes has really become standardised. Everything looks the same!



Nicely baked colour. Not burnt at all!



In case you're wondering if it is big given the price...

You're wrong! It's so small... There are much bigger mooncakes in Singapore compared to this...

And if you're wondering whose hand is that, it's mine, thank you. Looks kinda feminine eh? Go bang your head against the wall for thinking of that! It is my hand! I just take good care of my hands, that's all. Take a good look at your hands and think whether do you take care of your hands... (I 'forgot' to cut my nails for 4 weeks.. hehe..)



The innards... Oops.. How it looks like on the inside. Frankly no 'wow' factor here. The egg yolk looks tiny too. Makes me wonder if i bought a single or double yolk mooncake... ( I bought a double yolk mooncake btw) Definitely not worth the price of S$8 plus...



Well, as for the taste. It's the same. Nothing fantastic about it. Not the kind where you'll float up to the sky after taking a bite. (I wonder does this really happen???) So i'd say you're paying quite alot just for a piece of mooncake action.

That's all folks. Mooncake festival is over!

Ok, now to see which other events i'll miss while in Sydney. (Events which i normally celebrate, all in chronological order)

1) My grandpa's birthday (Paternal)
2) My cousin's wedding
3) Christmas
4) New Year
5) Chinese New Year
6) Dad's birthday
7) My birthday
8) Grandma's death anniversary (Paternal)
9) Mom's birthday
10) Grandpa's birthday (Maternal)
11) Sis's birthday (If we celebrate, lol)
12)Grandma's birthday (Maternal)
13)Bro's birthday (If we celebrate, lol... I may be back on this date...)

Sigh... The things i'll miss for the sake of education...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home