Saturday, December 17, 2005

I am Stupid

Sometimes i really wonder about my intelligence.
Case in point: Yesterday Afternoon.
I was cooking my lunch when i saw this baby cockroach scurrying on the wall.
First thing that comes to my mind is KILL.
So i took out the my newly bought Mortein Surface Spray. It's a damn powerful insecticide i tell ya. Casualty rate is 100% for the cockroaches so far.
Stupidity No. 1: I could have used tissues to kill the baby cockroach. It's size was a tenth of the 1 cent coin. It was an overkill. lol
Bringing out the can of insecticide, i prepare for the kill..
Being the 'smart' fella i am, i removed my pot of noodles and shifted it somewhere 'further'.
After spraying the baby cockroach and watching it squirm to its death before disposing of it, i replaced my pot of noodles on the stove and resumed cooking. (It takes 5 secs to kill a cockroach, that's how powerful it is.)
Stupidity No. 2: My pot of noodles was just less than 1 m from where i sprayed the cockroach! And I didn't wait for the insecticide to settle down before resuming cooking!
After cooking my noodles, i had initial apprehensions about eating it, as i finally recalled i had placed the pot of noodles quite near where i had used the insecticide. However, being the ever bochap guy i am, i decided to eat the noodles and get it over and done with.
Stupidity No. 3: I should have just thrown away everything and cooked all over again.
Needless to say, after eating the noodles, i felt 'queer' for the entire day as the neuro-toxins wreaked havock in me.
Pui! I'll never act so stupidly again!

PS: The cockroaches are there not because my room is dirty, it's because i'm staying in a 25 year old apartment! I think they had stayed there for many generations. lol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... funny sia... btw wat noodles u eating? australia got sell instant noodles?

9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home